Hello, I’m Matt Laney.
I’m a dad, church minister, martial artist, writer, story lover, with a thing for big cats. Naturally, all that would meld one day in a book for young readers. After three years of scratching out a sentence or two between parenting, sermon writing, watching baseball, and the occasional catnap, the first book appeared.
- Favorite sport teams: Tigers and Lions
- Favorite foods: Sushi
- Favorite TV show: My Cat From Hell
- Favorite book: The Chronicles of Narnia
- Favorite superhero: Black Panther
- Desired superpower: Purring
- Favorite pet: Our dog, Boots. Cats? Don’t have any. Wife is allergic. But Boots loves Pride Wars as you can see.
OK, I like cats, but not that much! And anyway, my characters are two-legged, lion-human hybrids. Actually the only true statements above are about the dog and favorite book. I’m a crazy Red Sox fan who loves cookie dough above all other foods, rarely watches TV, loves Spider-Man and would like end world hunger as my superpower.
I love hearing from readers like you. Send your comments, questions, wonderings, or even your own ideas for a “saying of the Ancients” for possible use in a future book.